How to Play Carrom – 6 Easy Steps2 min read
February 23, 2023 Carrom 0 Comments
Carrom is an indoor board game that originated in India but is starting to become really popular worldwide, especially after the pandemic (Google Trends). Carrom is a game of both skill and strategy, and it is a great way to kill some time with friends and family. The point of the game is simple – to pocket all your pieces and the queen before your opponent does, which is totally easier said than done.
To play carrom, you will need a carrom board, 19 discs (9 white, 9 black, and 1 red), and a striker. Here’s how to play:
- Place the carrom board on a flat surface and each player gets 9 discs, which they place in a particular position on the board.
- Decide who goes first. Such as flipping a coin or playing rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock.
- Once you figure out who is going first, they take the striker and flick it towards the center of the board.
- As noted earlier, the point of the game is to pocket all your pieces and the queen before your opponent does. Each player takes turns flicking the striker and trying to hit their pieces into the pockets. If a player pockets a piece, they get to take another turn.
- The queen is a special piece that can only be pocketed after a player has pocketed at least one of their own pieces. Once the queen is pocketed, the player must pocket another piece before the game can end.
- The game is finished when one player pockets all their pieces and the queen or if you’re on a timer, when the timer is done.
That’s it! It’s pretty simple to play and a lot of fun. Also, if you’re still not really sure how to play, check out this YouTube Video: